It was during the exile of Abbott Felice de Grésy in this farmhouse (1820) that the sharecroppers invented the name Cascina Val del Prete. The first records avaiable to us however date back to 1750, when the farmhouse was owned by the Countess of Corneliano, Adelaide Cristina Perez Binelli, bride of Paolo Cisa Asinari de Grésy.
The property was passed down through the family until 1977, when Bartolomeo (Lino in Piedmontese dialect) Roagna and his wife Carolina bought "Cascina Val del Prete", where they had worked at length as sharecroppers.
The land, situated in a splendid natural amphitheatre and exposed to the south, was cultivated with wheat and corn. Bartolomeo and Carolina planted 8 hectares of vineyards (Nebbiolo, Barbera and Arneis) in the most suitable soils. For several years the company dedicated it's activity to random cultivation: zootechnical crops, cereals, fruit and vines, as was the habit in the roero district.
In 1995, continiung in the footsteps of his brother Luigi, Mario became involved in the vine-farming sector, producing an bottling wines of a certain importance.
The old vineyards planted by Bartolomeo (Lino) and Carolina have now given birth to two great red wines, which continue to fill us with emotin and hope that you will be as delighted as we are. Nebbiolo d'Alba "Vigna di Lino" and Barbera d'Alba superiore "Carolina", dedicated, naturally, to their namesakes...